Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me farked how you fit so damn much into just one day JS ?????

We've got the 3 mini terroristas for the weekend and the fuckin' noise is killing us
    Norty corner has been in full swing for one unwilling participant, but hey, he's learning at the same time.
    He's learning to swear under his breath at me

Just about time to watch Aunty wash her car then the car races start, interrupted only by noisy snot noses and the MotoGP from Nippon land
    Might hafta steady the nerves with a few rums thought
    I just called, to say........go get pharked

Comment

• Yeah well I?m just completing a day of childminding. Just waiting until my release in the next half hour. It has gone well, though I?ve been bored shitless, with reading, puzzles and the most inane cartoons imaginable. Children?s television has not improved over the last 50 years, I?m sure. I might have to stop off on the way home and get me something to drink.
      The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.

Comment

• Spent an hour cutting firewood this morning then had to come home for our grandson to be dropped off. SFA done for the rest of the day
        Allan

Comment

• sfa all day here Allan
          Dont get me confused with someone who gives a fuck

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
            sfa all day here Allan
            Get to work ya bastard
            Pay ya taxes and then some, so, maybe one day I can get a pension

Toxic day at work today. Just sooooo much shit to do and not enough hours.
            Too many bitches all tryin' to bark orders at me and they ALL think that they are important
            Shame I just can't hear that phone sometimes hey

Comment

• Mate my job has taken the biggest nosedive like you wouldn't believe it. Not too sure what to do at the minute about it.
              Dont get me confused with someone who gives a fuck

Comment

• The madness has subsided for this week and I've survived
                Funeral for me ol' mate yesty and it happened to coincide with our annual kitchen inspection audit.
                I left all the appropriate paperwork for them in my in tray & they couldn't find it
                Life's all about timing huh

Comment

• Maybe they've run out of bad luck and stupidity in Queensland. Considering some of the stories you've told us, one wonders if that is even possible, Chris.

What am I doing? Recovering from a bout of food poisoning.

Today I'm just a little wobbly. Up to a little gardening. I feel like I've lost several kilograms. - Highly likely. Anyway, I feel way better than I did yesterday and evening. Just a little drained. Drained and rinsed - I couldn't keep water in me last night. This morning the Gatoraide was fine, and breakfast seems to be hanging in there. Fingers crossed...

I'll be trusting the "Jack Nicholson advice" which is "Never trust a fart" for a while, to be sure.

It is the only bout of this sort of thing I can remember having - EVER. Worth avoiding.

An irritating glitch only. Pretty debilitating for a short time all the same.
                  Last edited by Jstava; 25th October 2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Get better soon JS. Like you said "drained and rinsed" with no energy and even when you start to feel a bit better you aren't game to move too far from the loo just in case. Wise words from Jack.
                    Allan

Comment

• I was a bit skeptical of the Gatorade first up, but it seems to have done the trick. Water? Gatoraide? Neither had much appeal this morning, but it stayed in, and apart from having a pretty lazy day (I spent most of it horizontal) I think I'm good.

I had a rice and scallops on skewers for lunch (I thought that was WAY game at the time) and a mild pasta for tea saw me out doing a little light gardening this evening. It leaves me with only one question, was it food poisoning or true gastro. Considering the sudden onset and duration, I'm inclined to think food poisoning. But then the Mrs had something that brought her home on Sunday - she was crook until Tuesday. I might have caught it from her. Who knows. It's all history now. I hope.

A new experience for me.

Comment

• I've had gastro couple of times , food poisoning in the early 70's I ate some rice pudding out of an opened can in the fridge at a caravan I was staying at .I was about 17 didn't know any better .
                        Glad you seem to have survived without hospital admission ..... you probably wouldn't die from it but you certainly feel like your gonna
                        Earth Child - In harmony with the planet

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
                          I've had gastro couple of times , food poisoning in the early 70's I ate some rice pudding out of an opened can in the fridge at a caravan I was staying at .I was about 17 didn't know any better .
                          Glad you seem to have survived without hospital admission ..... you probably wouldn't die from it but you certainly feel like your gonna
                          Sometimes the thought of dying is keeping you alive....

Comment

• That has worked for me on several notable occasions when thoughts ran along the lines of "This would be a stupid way to die. This is NOT the time." I'm sure the outcome could easily have been different with a different attitude at the time.

Comment

• Had a busy day makin' some brews then had to do some taste testin' of course
                              Then I settled in for 3 excellent races from Phillip Island
                              Aunty went over to the neighbours & then I had 3hrs of serenity

Comment

• Too many things to tell. My lists of things to do generate "child" lists. There is always another thing, and the "ambush" request.

Nevermind the odd detail that gets overlooked, something that goes or comes out wrong.

When time and distance is involved, this blows the time out inordinately.

See "note to self".

Comment

Working...
                                X