This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bucket View Post
    Good read thanks JS The truth ? Wassat ?
    Geez bloke you had to ask...
    The truth is the one which isn't the alternative truth.
    "Without free speech, free debate is impossible and, without free debate, the democratic process cannot work properly nor can misgovernment and corruption be fully exposed."
    Thanks Wendy

Comment

• Just getting ready to go to Ballina RSL club for a Queen tribute, show.

(I just hope we don't have to lick the back of the old bags head & try to stick her onto an envelope.)

Yahoooo, just got told it is the musical group Queen, they are doing a tribute to.

Should be a good nite out.
      "If you're gunna be a "Smart Arse"
      First make sure you're Smart.
      Otherwise you're "Just an Arse!"

Comment

• Hi Bentnose,
        Glad to hear that your FIL is finally going to be recognised for his service to Australia. I cannot begin to imagine what he and his colleagues
        went through knowing they couldn't save their mates and then having to fight hand to hand for their own lives.
        I hope the weather plays nice on the presentation day.
        Allan

Comment

• Just got back form a little local venue that books some amazing bands from Aus and Internationally! The Lachey Doley Group and Mike Elrington awesome night! You have to hear and see these guys!

Comment

• Great nite at the RSL last nite.
            The show was called "Killer Queen."
            A tribute to the band Queen.
            The lead singer looks & sounds like Freddy Mercury, Unreal.
            If you get the chance, go see them.
            He even stars in a doco about the band, made in the U.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanderer View Post
              Just getting ready to go to Ballina RSL club for a Queen tribute, show.
              Originally posted by wanderer View Post
              The show was called "Killer Queen."
              Don'tcha just hate it when the drag queens show up looking for blood
              I just called, to say........go get pharked

Comment

• Finally got the roof tiles up on the new extension. Premise is not at lock up stage though the ridge capping needs to be st in, one gutter and downpipe and paint. Then I can start on the inside!

BUT

Quick 6 week trip to Canada and UAE before I start inside.
                I have CDO - its like OCD, but with the letters in the correct order.

Comment

• Might hafta do some cooking today
                  Been going way too long without my Thai peanut sauce in the ridgy didge
                  I just called, to say........go get pharked

Comment

• I'm stuck inside. Paperwork / Computer work/planning, scheming, dreaming. Not my favourite thing.

The hard part is trying to get my head around someone else's concept of "paperless". So far as I can see, we have only added all the electronica to the mix and increased the paper required, if the amount of paper I now use is any guide.

While the larger organisation has a system of electronic filing and indexing of documentation, I am stuck with electronic filing systems resembling paper ones and need to keep paper files of really important stuff anyway.

Irksome times.
                    The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.

Comment

• I guess that's why you get paid the big bucks

Comment

• Had an awesome day today socially ... started off with a trip out to mates shed with a V6 Commodore engine I bought in Perth yesterday (Sunday) this is going in Shell's car , a heart transplant.
                        Dropped in on another good friend and had lunch with them then came home and got a visit from the Aussie Picker himself come out to see if the doors on my HZ panel van where any good .... the things been layin' in the paddock and everybody wants to see if they can restore it , it's been there must be 20 years , Steve comes out and buys my junk off me . Think I'll get rid of it sooner rather than later gettin' sick of people rockin up and saying "what are ya doin' with the panel van mate , mind if I have a look at it"

The next door neighbour rings up and tells me there's a wallaby up the road with a broken leg and her old man's at work so off I go and she jumps in the ute , poor thing was buggered and in hindsight I should have hit it on the head right there and then but I've already caught it and got it in a towel and anyway we go to town she drove my ute , the lady at the animal welfare (private volunteer) rings the vet , we drive to the vet and after a quick look the vet euthanized it . It bit me on the side of my belly as I was getting out the car , it was frightened and scared and took revenge by biting a chunk out of me
                        Earth Child - In harmony with the planet

Comment

• Heading for the big metropolis of Broken Hill Soonly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
                            Had an awesome day today socially ... started off with a trip out to mates shed with a V6 Commodore engine I bought in Perth yesterday (Sunday) this is going in Shell's car , a heart transplant.
                            Dropped in on another good friend and had lunch with them then came home and got a visit from the Aussie Picker himself come out to see if the doors on my HZ panel van where any good .... the things been layin' in the paddock and everybody wants to see if they can restore it , it's been there must be 20 years , Steve comes out and buys my junk off me . Think I'll get rid of it sooner rather than later gettin' sick of people rockin up and saying "what are ya doin' with the panel van mate , mind if I have a look at it"

The next door neighbour rings up and tells me there's a wallaby up the road with a broken leg and her old man's at work so off I go and she jumps in the ute , poor thing was buggered and in hindsight I should have hit it on the head right there and then but I've already caught it and got it in a towel and anyway we go to town she drove my ute , the lady at the animal welfare (private volunteer) rings the vet , we drive to the vet and after a quick look the vet euthanized it . It bit me on the side of my belly as I was getting out the car , it was frightened and scared and took revenge by biting a chunk out of me
                            Is your Tetanus up to date? Hope it won't get infected. Juz thinking out loud.

Comment

• Agree about the Titans shot Silky, particularly if you haven't had a booster for a while. I think they do them every 3 years. I stay in test anyway. Someone looks after the records.

Good news about the motor. Hopefully that will be the end of your woes on that front. All the best on the transplant. I've done one with a mate on his HG. We did it pretty blind - we didn't know shit, but got away with it in the end - with only as many tools as we had between us. That wasn't many. and a tree with a chain block. It would have been so much easier in a shed where either one can move a floor crane a little bit or roll the vehicle.

The HZ - well it seems people are liking them these days. Ebay prices are surprising.
                              The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.

Comment

• Last night I got the sewing machine out and sewed some patches on some work shirts .

The machine is a Toyota "Jeans" I bought Shell when I was flush with cash , she doesn't have the patience for it but I just love a challenge and in no time I was doing wonders and shitting cucumbers

Two had burn holes on the sleeve near the cuff , cut the sleeves off the worst one and hemmed them , then using the sleeve for patch material I sewed a patch on the front , not perfect but I improved on the next shirts by hemming the patches before sewing them on . Good fun even if I had to unpick and resew a misaligned effort.

These shirts are Hard Yakka dark blue long sleeve and basically good quality items ..... work issues from days gone by.

Good fun and now worn with pride.
                                Earth Child - In harmony with the planet

Comment

Working...
                                X