Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the V-Max for a 100 k run. She's a goer when she hits 6200rpm. Flies!
    Right and wrong is a very different thing from "Legal" and "Illegal"....Ed Snowden.

Comment

• Just rode it, all over the place - 500 -550 km maybe. Dunno, really for sure. At least 500.

Something I don't often do - get around for a social ride with others. Now that wasn't so painful was it. I

t does tend to slow things down a bit, going here, there, ensuring nobody gets lost, apart from the fact it was in VICTORIA, in social rider/play racer heaven - lots of hilly curvy roads, full of others on bikes and police, speed cameras. Its a real circus over there on a weekend.

Anyway, a good time was had by all (7 bikes) nobody died and nobody went home enemies.

I might do it again sometime. Generally, I am very skeptical of this sort of thing. The perfect way to counter the .... should get out more.
      The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.

Comment

• I ruled a 'phuck it' day, I'm going for a ride
        Got dressed & rolled out the BMW & the pharken lithium battery had died in it
        Then I push it back in, got changed & said FUCK IT again
        I just called, to say........go get pharked

Comment

• Another little trip of just under 200km to another town to deal with a parts issue - Another "leave it with me, I'll get back to you" outcome. This will probably provide another 2 or three excuses for a similar morning out down the track, when they never get back to me, the wrong part arrives (again). I really don't care.

It was a nice excuse to get on the road. Nice day for it.

Comment

• Pulled the seat off the KLR to see if I could scam a battery for the Beemer Bugger
            Oh well, time to splash the cash

Comment

• Took the Harley beast for a ride to the Pie and RW. Excellent days riding. The Beast is going well. Speaking of beasts, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabYYvQOBnU
              Right and wrong is a very different thing from "Legal" and "Illegal"....Ed Snowden.

Comment

• Rode it to work. Just looking out the window at it now.
                I plan to live forever..........so far, so good!

"you can't trust freedom if it's not in your hand" Gunners

Comment

• And I did it again. 160 km commute to buy something in Shepparton. Only this time, I came back with the right part, except for the colour. That's 4 or 5 trips out of town (I forget) to purchase a $30 replacement wheel for a garden implement.

If it was 4, then that would be 640km all up. - and country small businesses are concerned by them that shop on line? I think the thing that was the breakthrough for me was when I showed the dude the pic of the sticker on the machine that indicated that it was purchased there at that business. that was yesterday Next day? I had my wheel. Its even the right one. It's only been 5 weeks or so.

Oh well, it's been a good excuse to get out on the bike a few times.

Comment

• Went out this morning to buy a new battery for the Beemer.
                    What a sea of information to wade through to get what you want, without getting ya arse reamed
                    The replacement lithium the same as was in it, was $360. Of course, that wasn't gunna happen!

Do ya homework, find out who make what with what materials & voila, $128 later, I should be back of the road
                    It will be curious how it will stumble & choke to death for the first few Km, until it reprograms some useful settings ???
                    I'm hangin' for a long overdue fang too

Comment

• ...... Engine and frame detail and then a double polish and if it doesn't stop fuckin raining i don't know what i will do

seems im having a run of ride and it pisses down and im tired of washing and polishing might win the lotto and trade em in when they filthy for a nice claen one
                      SINNERS MCC AUSTRALIA
                      If we believe in “freedom”, we don’t get to choose whose freedom is most worth defending.
                      Out of 5 million sperm... your the retard that got through? and I thought I was having a bad day!

Comment

• Fixeda minor oil leak on my 1050 Sprint & took it for a test ride, What a beautiful bike to ride. Just gotta find a rear luggage rack for it now
                        ALLAH was a Goatfucker--Mohammed was a ROCKSPIDER--I am a good shot--You do the Math

Comment

• So I just rode it.

Single purpose trip (160 km round trip) - Well it was going to be for two or more things one of them bulky, but that was not to be. No need to take the ute. Anyway, I've got shit to do today and don't want to blow out the time by shopping.

Holiday traffic makes travel by car painful with caravans, the usual pre-weekend trucks and general stuff, and the odd rush artist. Basically the sort of stuff that turns trips like this into painful frustrating and lengthy excursions. There IS only one thing for it. Take the bike.

As it was, it appeared that the scrutiny was off. Saving roster hours for the weekend, I'm guessing. Anyway, I didn't see any Po-po, or any road safety contractors. Made GREAT time at my own pace carving through the throngs, and actually managed to take half an hour off my usual round trip time when I take the car or ute, WITHOUT doing anything stupid, or risking licence suspension.

It's times like these when I really enjoy motorcycling for the ease with which it allows one to negotiate traffic, and the interest it creates en-route. Efficient road transport on a stick, really. Otherwise this little journey is pretty much a boring milk run.

While others, and I don't like travelling the cluttered up roads, negotiating the clots and strings when driving, using the bike changes one's perspective enormously.

Nice trip. It looks like rain. Maybe in the next hour or so, so I missed that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jstava View Post
                            So I just rode it.

Single purpose trip (160 km round trip) - Well it was going to be for two or more things one of them bulky, but that was not to be. No need to take the ute. Anyway, I've got shit to do today and don't want to blow out the time by shopping.

Holiday traffic makes travel by car painful with caravans, the usual pre-weekend trucks and general stuff, and the odd rush artist. Basically the sort of stuff that turns trips like this into painful frustrating and lengthy excursions. There IS only one thing for it. Take the bike.

As it was, it appeared that the scrutiny was off. Saving roster hours for the weekend, I'm guessing. Anyway, I didn't see any Po-po, or any road safety contractors. Made GREAT time at my own pace carving through the throngs, and actually managed to take half an hour off my usual round trip time when I take the car or ute, WITHOUT doing anything stupid, or risking licence suspension.

It's times like these when I really enjoy motorcycling for the ease with which it allows one to negotiate traffic, and the interest it creates en-route. Efficient road transport on a stick, really. Otherwise this little journey is pretty much a boring milk run.

While others, and I don't like travelling the cluttered up roads, negotiating the clots and strings when driving, using the bike changes one's perspective enormously.

Nice trip. It looks like rain. Maybe in the next hour or so, so I missed that too.
                            Sounds like a good day out JS.
                            Allan

Comment

• Took the mighty, oil drippin' Beemer for a wee run
                              Seems the rear friggin seal is leaking.....that, OR somebody spilled some oil under the bike while I wasn't lookin'
                              I must get to it one day, but from what I read, it's a HUGE job involving splitting the bike in two
                              Bahhhh, another day

Comment

• Top it up with oil and let someone else worry about the drips: )
                                Allan

Comment

Working...
                                X