Whilst I'm on a roll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks, im ready to kill someone.. one of the big 4 banks
    We have had a term deposit for over a decade and contributed regularly. A few weeks back we paid the deposit for our new house from this account, no issues or worries. Between then and today there is a new branch manager and as settlement was going through the new manager rings me and says there is a problem, oh and what would that be I asked,. Its not your money he says, it belongs to someone else WTF. Its our account and we are the only signatories to it, the money hasn't left the bank its still there FFS. It turns out the old manager didn't change a few words on the account when we sold the business a year or so ago so technically the money belongs to the new business owner. The new owner does not even bank with them and would not even know this account exists but because hes not a signatory to it he cant touch it either. So the money is just sitting there in limbo, Fark me I told him he better fix it pronto and if he fucks up, actually id better not put in writing what I said. Meanwhile settlement is delayed etc. I am so angry.

Comment

But it's ONLY money......apparently, just NOT yours
      Best of British sorting that one out bent&twisted fulla
      I just called, to say........go get pharked

Comment

You know, I sometimes wonder whether it matters when I fuck up. I mean, who cares? Anybody who says they never fuck something up isn't really trying or is NOT paying attention. Hey, there can be a certain artistry about it, too. I am sure that there is a cohort of them who might even take a certain pride in a good stuff up. Otherwise, soon to have a laugh about it is a good sign.

I must say, though, that there seems to be a great many people who never APPEAR to get it a little bit wrong, and are generally most embarrassed by annoying little slip ups. Others are not and claim insult from the suggestion that there might be a problem with something they have done or not done.

Apart from considering how honest people are about this with themselves and others, there is the morality of the situation. Similarly, there are people who would go to any lengths to right some wrong inadvertently brought about by some careless slip-up, or those who might see any exposure to allegations of incompetence or wrongdoing as an attack on themselves and try to avoid any stain on the career by covering up or engaging legal council for whatever purpose, and these days, it seems as likely to be over defamation. Talk about a simple way to reverse the pressure. It's all at a knee buckling cost however.

I hope it works out bent nose. It should be simple. That would be a whole lot of Karma

The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.

Comment

YAY all sorted, we now own a house, well we will do as soon as settlement goes through at noon today.

I don't know or care for that matter what the bank did to fix their problem, but I cannot help think, that when the previous manager took the deposit out of this account, (that supposedly belonged to someone else) the bank had themselves committed a crime or offence of some kind. Now its all hidden and swept under the carpet never to rear its ugly head again.

I honestly didn't know whether to say thanks or punch the cunt this morning.

Comment

What ends well...

Banks can do some incredible things. Rules? Well THEY probably know what they are, and are in a position to "fix" things is surprising ways, sometimes.

"Transaction reversals" would be a real good example. Very handy for undoing an erroneous transaction. (ever get the number wrong?) It gets into a grey area where the transaction was deliberate, but the payee didn't deliver the goods. I've heard stories of people who have had this done, and others who could not. It must come down to what you tell them about the reason for wanting the reversal.

What you have is a genuine stuff-up, or oversight. So should have been easily corrected. Was there misconduct involved? Probably, in not looking at the details of all moneys involved in the transaction that prevented you from getting access to what was yours, leaving it in limbo.

Anyway, all sorted.

Enjoy the new digs.
            The trick is to grow old. "Growing up" is less important than surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by bentnose View Post
              I honestly didn't know whether to say thanks or punch the cunt this morning.
              I woulda gone with the 2nd one 1st.....then gone to the bank
              Congrats on the move

I just called, to say........go get pharked

Comment

Working...
              X